1000 ways to start a business – Everyone deserves a chance to start their own business, to serve others, and in doing so to create a better life for themselves. You probably know by now that there aren’t just 1,000 ways to start a business with $1,000 or less – there’s an infinite number of ways to start a business with little or no start-up capital.
My Dad Says “An Ideas Can Change Your Life.”
Many people today have the misconception that starting a business takes a lot of money. The old saying, “It takes money to make money” has been ingrained in far too many people’s memories. The truth is, it does NOT take money to make money. It takes value to earn money.
1. Write a Book. Turn your passion into a mission to educate others – write a book and self-publish it.
3. Become a distributor or representative for a network marketing company or party plan company
4. Start a business selling items on eBay
5. Start a business selling books or other items on Amazon
6. Buy items in bulk from sites like www.liquidation.com and sell them individually
7. Start a website to sell products or services
8. Create an eBook or report you can sell online – Information is free to create and people will pay for it if it’s valuable!
9. Turn your hobby into a business – how can you monetize what you do already? If you collect stamps, find out how you can make money buying and selling collectible stamps. Become an expert at what you’re already doing.
10. Start a paper route
11. Distribute products door-to-door
12. Become a consultant and help companies in your area of expertise
13. Become a coach or advisor and help people in your area of expertise
14. Build your personal brand and use it to sell products or services you believe in
15. Create your own product or service to help others
16. Create a YouTube video that goes viral
17. Create an iPhone or Android application
18. Create a newsletter that educates others
20. Buy and sell coins, jewelry, antiques or other rare items
21. Create coloring books
22. Create audio books
23. Start a Tumblr Blog
24. Raise money from private investors and invest in your area of expertise
25. Start a Squidoo Page about whatever you want and earn money from the ads and product sales – or just donate it to charity!
26. Create an Online forum or social network using a site like Ning where people can connect and talk about their favorite hobby – which just might be your favorite hobby!
27. Create instructional CD’s, DVD’s, videos, or programs to educate people
28. Create instructional retreats, seminars, or conferences to educate people and sell tickets
29. Create a business with options or other financial contracts
30. Become a professional photographer and charge people money to take good pictures of them
31. Join an Affiliate Program and market other people’s services and products – all at no cost to you, and you get paid whenever someone buys through your affiliate. It’s like a join venture with a massively successful company such as Amazon or Squidoo or thousands of others.
32. Import products. There are so many high quality, low priced products in other countries. Find a way to import them and sell them! When I traveled to India back in 2006, I saw so many incredible crafts and products that were incredibly cheap. Anyone could import them and sell them at a 100% markup easily in the United States. Why aren’t you doing that?
33. Turn your job into a business. If you have a job now, see how you can turn your job skills into a business. If you keep the accounts accurate for your employer, you could start hiring your accounting and financial consulting services to other businesses in the area.
34. Bread Baking
35. Selling Eggs. Just buy chickens, build a coop, feed them mainly on your lawn and scraps and sell their eggs for $3 a dozen.
36. Start a dog walker, pet sitter, pooper scooper business
37. Start a Renovation Company. Are you an auto mechanic or computer geek? Then you probably have all the skills necessary to buy and sell used and renovated cars or computers.
38. Start a tutoring business! Teach another language, musical instrument, computer, cooking, chemistry, whatever you have to offer.
40. Start an Event Planning Business
41. Start a Public Relations Business
42. Start a Painting Business.
43. If You’re a Master in Computer Hardware, Start Computer Repair Business.
44. Toy Cleaning and Repairing Services
45. Motor Vehicle Transportation Services
46. Start an Insurance Business.
47. Start a Stand-up Comedy Business. Don’t you enjoy making others laugh?
48. Start a massage business
49. Decorate homes for the holidays. Everyone wants to have a pretty home for the holidays – lend a hand and earn some extra money doing it.
50. Start a Cooking Classes, If you’re a Professional in it.
51. Make crafts and sell them. Kids do it all the time with things like bead bracelets and bead animals.
Add Your Own Business Ideas
Got a business idea that can be started with $1,000 or less? Share it here!
If you’ve already started a business with $1,000 or less, share your story here! We’d love to hear it.